Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Favorite Drug Store Finds: Lips


"My philosophy? Simplicity plus variety." — Hank Stram

This is part 3 of my drug store series. Check out my two previous posts on drug store conditioners and mascara/eyeliner. This post focuses on my favorite kind of makeup: Lipstick and lip gloss.


Lipstick

I was really a snob when it came to lipstick. I never thought I would find a lipstick that could keep my lips moisturized and maintain its color in the drug store. Well I did. In fact, I found two that I really like. The first is L'Oreal ColorRiche. I tried this lipstick because it was on sale. I am happy that I did. I have the Fiery Veil (no. 177). It looks very orangey in the tube but it goes on very soft. I love the color. I also love the way my lips feel after applying the ColorRiche lipstick. They are soft and they stay that way all day.

Here are my lips. I added a little clear lip gloss on top:




The second is Boots No. 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick. I believe this brand is only available at Target. I have the No 30 (Plum Beautiful). It is a rosy color that is very soft. This lipstick feels more like a lip conditioner than a lipstick.


Here is a picture of my lips with the Boots lipstick:



Lip Gloss

I love lip gloss. I am always wearing it. I don't take out the trash without applying my gloss first. Okay, that might be an exaggeration, but you get the picture. I have a lot of lip gloss but I find the one that I wear on a daily basis is one that I got from Target. Boots No. 7 makes my favorite lip gloss too. It is the Sheer Temptation and it is the Entice shade. I love the way my lips feel when I use this gloss. It does not dry my lips out. It provides just a hint of color and a little shine. It is perfect as an everyday lip gloss.

Here I am with my Boots lip gloss:




What drug store lipsticks do you wear regularly? Do you think you will try any of the brands I discuss?

Good bye, for now. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment