Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Favorite Drug Store Finds: Body Scrubs


"Let us learn to live simply, so that others may simply live." — Mahatma Gandhi

This is the fourth post in my drug store series.   Check out my previous posts on drug store conditioners, mascaras/eyeliners, and lipsticks/lip glosses.

I like to exfoliate my skin at least once per week.   I really like Sabon's body scrub.   There is none better in my opinion.   The down side is that it is not easy to get.   There are not many Sabon stores and if you order online, you have to add shipping costs.   So I decided to try some brands that I saw at Target and Walmart.   I found two scrubs that I really like.

SheaMoisture Organic Olive and Green Tea Body Scrub ($9.99 for12 oz)

This scrub smells really good and it leaves my skin soft and glowing.   The crystals dissolve easily into the skin and it is not abrasive.   The oils are very light and do not make your skin feel greasy.

*BEST VALUE *Tree Hut Shea Sugar Brazilian Nut Body Scrub ($5.98 for 18 oz at Walmart)

I love this scrub because it works really well and it smells amazing.   It smells like chocolate but it is not overpowering.   The scrub melts into the skin easily.   I feel like I really pampered myself after applying this scrub.   I actually love applying my moisturizer afterward.   The smell, along with the softness of my skin, makes me smile.

Please comment if you have tried the scrubs that I discussed.   I'd love to know what you think about them.   If you have any favorites of your own, please share.   Also, I am still trying to find facial cleansing and moisturizing products in the drug store aisle.   I tried Neutrogena, Olay, and Biore but they are too harsh for my dry, sensitive skin.   If you have a facial cleansing routine that includes drug store brands, I'd love to hear about it.

Good bye, for now.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment