Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Favorite Drug Store Finds: Hair Conditioners


"Our life is frittered away by detail… Simplify, simplify." — Henry Thoreau

I decided to try drug store conditioners because I am always in Walmart or Target for one reason or another and I am a fan of economies of scale. I was a little apprehensive about trying low-cost conditioners because I have dry, kinky hair. If I use a lightweight conditioner, my hair will be a nightmare to detangle. I am pleasantly surprised by how well some of the lower-cost conditioners worked. If you rely on designer conditioners, I suggest you give these products a try. You may make the switch too. I don't think you will be disappointed and your budget will love you for it.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration– this conditioner is the bomb. You can find it pretty much anywhere. It costs about $5 for 23 fl oz. It is one of my staple conditioners. It is very moisturizing and you get so much for so little. I am already on my third bottle.

TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner– this conditioner is also wonderful. It is just as moisturizing as the Hello Hydration but it has organic ingredients. It costs about $4 for 25 fl oz. I just started adding this conditioner to my rotation and I am very pleased with its performance.
Trader Joe's nourish SPA conditioner – This is only available at Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's is not a drug store but this conditioner is so inexpensive, I had to add it. It is about $2 for 16.9 fl oz. I LOVE this conditioner. It also contains all organic ingredients. It is very moisturizing and if you have natural hair, it will make detangling a breeze. I have been using this conditioner for over four years now. I've been using it on my 3-yr-old's hair since he turned 1. Need I say more?

Giovanni Direct Leave-in and the Deeper Moisture Conditioner– These are great protein conditioners. You can get them at Target. For some reason, Target stocks them in the specialty aisle and not with the other conditioners. They cost more than the previous conditioners I discuss but they work very well. Sometimes protein treatments can leave the hair hard and dry. Not these conditioners. They leave my hair very soft and moisturized. They cost around $9.99 for 8.5 fl oz. The Direct Leave-in is my favorite leave-in conditioner and I find myself using it to the exclusion of all others.

Please comment and let me know if you have tried any of these conditioners and what your results were. If you haven't tried them, do you plan to?

Good bye, for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment