Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Favorite Drug Store Finds: Eyes


"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity." — Plato

This is part 2 of my exploration of drug store products. Read "My Favorite Drug Store Finds: Hair Conditioners" to find out which low-cost conditioners I've fallen in love with. In this post, I discuss drug store mascara and eyeliner. I dispose of my mascara every 6 months whether I am wearing it regularly or not. Therefore, I thought mascara was another good place to experiment with money-saving products.
Mascara

I have fallen in love with Rimmel mascara. It works just as well, if not better, than the department store brands I swore by. My favorite mascara is the Lash Accelerator. This mascara does what it says. It makes my lashes look much longer. It does not do a lot for thickening so I usually add the Rimmel Scandaleyes with it. Scandaleyes is great for thickening. The brush is so big and soft. I love the way it feels on my lashes. Lash Accelerator and Scandaleyes together will make your lashes look like falsies. The only drawback with the Scandaleyes is that you have to let it dry. Do not watch sappy movies right after applying this mascara. I made that mistake and scared myself when I walked by the mirror. I usually put the Lash Accelerator on first and then add the Scandaleyes. I absolutely love this combination. I have not been able to achieve these results with any other mascara, including the higher end brands I tried from MAC and Sephora.
Eyeliner

There are two eyeliners that I really like. The first is Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner. I got it in ultra black. This liner goes on very smooth and will last all day. It is a serum and the applicator is a very thin brush. It is shaped like a pencil and it is easy to apply. If you like liquid eyeliner, you will love the Lash Booster. I use this to line the top of my eye before I apply mascara when I am going for a "night on the town" look. It is also supposed to condition the lashes. I can't speak to that claim though. I don't wear it enough.
If you are a pencil person, then try Jemma Kidd's i-conic eyes pencil liner. I picked this up at Target in black. This liner goes on very smooth also and although it does not run, it is easy to smudge if you so desire.
Here are my eyes with nothing and then after I applied both Rimmel mascaras and the Physicians Formula liner to my top lid:



 
What are your favorite mascara and/or eyeliner? I'd love to hear what you are using or if you plan to use one of the brands I discussed.

Good bye, for now. Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment